Sunday, November 30, 2008

Entertainment On a Budget #8


Although this idea could be placed with festivals, fireworks are one of my favorite things, so I think they deserve their own post. Another tradition in my family, going to see the fireworks every July 4th remains one of my favorite events of the year. In my hometown, they are small and simple, but they are no less beautiful.

It's always fun to gather with all the other people an hour or more before the show just to get a good viewing spot. Over the years, I've made it a goal to find the best view. It's not just an idea for family either. Get a group of friends together with a few blankets and some refreshments. Take sparklers for some pre-show entertainment.

While just going to a fireworks show is free, you can spend a little money and buy some fireworks of your own. Be careful though. They're fun and pretty, but they are just flaming balls of fire that can hurt as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment